Wednesday 1 September 2021

Java Jada - DDS

 Hi everyone!

A new Challenge has begun over at Digi Doodle Studio and this month theme is 

Shaped/Shaker Card or Gift Box/Bag

Come along and join in the Challenge Here


This is My DT inspiration using the Image Java Jada which I have created into a shaker Card! 


The first thing I did was cut out the square shapes on the Cricut machine. I also cut the sentiment and the beans out on one of the squares using my Cricut Machine. 

I then used some Tim Holts distress inks to colour up both square. I also splattered the square with a darker brown ink and also white acrylic paint. 

Once both were dry I added some clear acetate to the underneath of the square with the cut  out bean and sentiment and then around the inside edge added a double thickness of foam tape. I then places in the sequin mix to the bottom square. I  placed the foamed square on top of the bottom square and left to dry. Creating the shaker element. 

I then coloured the Digi doodle Studio image with Promarkers and Fussy cut. I glued to the shaker element. Remember to add the foam to the overhang of the image or this will bend once placed on to the base of the card. 

For the base of the card i assed some backing paper and some brown lace - I then added the shaker element and finally the cut out Kettle/Pot shape. 

I hope you like it! 

Cat
-x-

Challenges
Creative Moments 221
The Crafters Cafe 273
The Paper Funday September
Clever Dexter - September


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love Coffee myself and the added bling on the beans is a perfect touch.Thank you for joining us over at Paper FunDay Challenge,Shandy,DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us over at the Clever Dexter Challenge Blog. We think your cleverly concocted creation is awesome. All the best!
    --- DT - Gina Ang ---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your project! So perfect for a coffee lover!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments (Carabbie Moments)
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Cat! Love the coffee bean bling. :-D I want to thank you for supporting our challenge by playing along with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Paper Funday. Wishing you good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your project!
    Thanks for taking part in the Clever Dexter challenge.
    I hope see you again.
    Good luck,
    Roberta DT Clever Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - what a great idea to incorporate the shaker element.

    Thanks for joining us at the Clever Dexter Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Thank you for playing along with us this month in the Clever Dexter Challenge - DT Irene - Clever Dexter Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view and comment on my blog! I do love reading everyone's comments.